Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Few Rants

My flood rant: If you are stupid enough to live next to a river in Oregon, especially one that floods every time we get heavy rains, you are stupid enough for me to not care that your house is currently under water.

My boy rant: I don't understand what I'm doing wrong or why they think I'm "the kind of girl that is only good for conversation." I'm a whole package, a true prize of a girl. Not that I'm stuck-up or full of myself, I just know who I am and what I want. I hope there is a guy out there that can see past a goofy grin and my odd sense of adventure. If you believe you are qualified to date me, please send me a message, I'm not scary at all. Honest.

My roommate rant: AHHHHH! and that's all I have to say about that.

My newest rant: I'm really tired of always coming in second. Not to sound like a whiny, spoiled brat, but I expect certain things of my friends (never anything I wouldn't do) and I expect to be treated with honesty and respect. If I was there first, if I was there most, why do you treat me like a second-class person? Why don't I matter as much? Think this doesn't apply to you - think again. I know two people who haven't treated me like crap recently, and I'm really tired of the rest of you doing so.

My money rant: "Poverty can be fun!" my old history professor told me. I only drink out of plastic pizza cups. Instead of champaigne and caviar, I'm working up to club soda and fish sticks...the nasty freezer burn kind. I've learned to mend clothes instead of buying new ones. I know how to throw a decent party for less than $10. I can bake a turkey and cook using leftovers - and sometimes the food is better the second time around! I find $90 shoes for $30, get my bread for free, and sometimes, I even manage to splurge on ice cream. My only extra fun comes in the form of torturing my friends and roommates, watching silly B-movies, and pretending that I'm not hungry, cold, or lonely. Yes, indeed, poverty can be fun. Sometimes.

No comments: