Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Observation and Choices

I would like to make note of an event I witnessed on campus today. I was walking from my office to Kerr to drop off/pick something up when a fire truck was on its way through campus. Just as I step into the street, I hear the secondary sirens warming up, and all around me kids slowly turn toward the sound. As the truck heads up the road toward us, one girls shouts to the girl next to her, "why do they have to make those damn things so loud? It drives me crazy." Rage. Oooh so much rage. Some students farther down the street had a look of sheer terror on their faces, a look I would assume comes from the respect due a fire crew for the work they must often perform. It just amazed me how different the responses were to something so common, so I thought I'd write about it.

From zero to many! There are a few nice prospects at the moment, but I don't know much about any of them yet. I forgot what else I was going to post, and anyway, I need to go back to the eye doctor to pick up my new glasses. Homework tonight, then either out to Keep the Pint Night with the girls or dancing with the boys... choices!

No comments: