Monday, March 27, 2006

I Love Cleaning

The time has come, yet again, for me to point out one of my weird qualities. I truly enjoy cleaning. Probably get this from my mother, but my father is a neat, tidy guy too... both of my parents stressed organization while I was growing up. So naturally my room stays pretty neat and clean. But every once in a while I will get little piles of "to do" stuff, or a drawer stuffed full of junk I haven't gone through in a while. This tends to happen toward the end of a term when I get busy and lack motivation to clean.

Seeing as how it is now Spring Break and I have motivation and time to clean again, yay cleaning! I took three hours last night to deep clean my kitchen. Mind you, my roommates aren't terribly messy, but they don't really help me keep things up to my standards. So I attacked the kitchen. I then got into the bathroom. Oh yeah, high on cleaning fumes, it was great! Pine Sol is a wonderful product, as is Soft Scrub. Lysol... singing its praises too. Switched bags on the vacuum, so I had a ton of fun dancing with a vacuum.

Maybe it's something more people understand: salvaging. I like to take something nasty or old or icky and make it look good again. Not just, eh, it looks like it was supposed to before it got icky, but like, WOW, that looks even better! The most fun thing to clean is the drip pan from under the gas range at work. I don't know how the cooks burn so much stuff to that pan, but a few industrial chemicals strategically mixed together (do not try this at home, I have taken appropriate chemistry classes, I'm not just doing this blindly) and a lot of elbow grease and I have more fun seeing that pan go from BLACK to shiny and polished in half an hour. It's like... cool.

So yeah, I'm going to go clean something now. Or just watch a movie because I've already cleaned everything in the whole house already this week... yay for breaks!

No comments: