Thursday, March 02, 2006

If you have any poo, fling it now

In the long week since I last posted, not much has happened. I still don't have a Plan B, but I have an appointment to meet with the former SED advisor to see what my true options are (not the ones I've invented in my head, however outlandish and totally awesome they may be). I will let you know what happens next week.

I have a technology rant: who says IM isn't a valid form of communication? I think it might actually be a great tool. Think about it, IM is like a telephone conversation where you can really think about what you are saying before you say it. And emoticons help express words without context. WTF?! has a lot more impact sometimes than simply going, "what?" Sure, facial expressions and physical contact are awesome - not arguing that. But in the absence of physical contact or in instances where the distance is too great or the boy is just being completely stupid and "too busy," IM might be the best way to talk. Some of my best conversations have been online over IM - nothing like tandem surfing Victoria's Secret at 4am with a guy. ;)

This term can not end soon enough - I'm SO tired of evolution and evolutionary genetics... but I'm loving my dance class despite a blah instructor and some odd boys in the class. Next term I am taking FOUR dance classes: Ballroom II, Salsa I, Ballroom Club, and Lindy Hop - I'm SO EXCITED! Plus I'm only taking three academic classes and no more student teaching (bad/good). ONE LAST TERM!

Yeah, if you have any poo, fling it now, because I'm a pretty good catcher at this point. Just remember, the more poo you fling at me, the more poo I have to fling back.

1 comment:

tappy tibbons said...

Things said on AIM are too ambiguous. There's no tone of voice and no very little nuance. But yeah... I'm hooked too.