Thursday, April 13, 2006

Food, Fashion, and Flu

Time for a few more rants and raves, because I'm feeling saucy today.

I am a Local Boyz ADDICT. If you've never eaten the Hawaiian goodness that flows forth from this Monroe Street hangout, you are missing out. Sweet shoyu chicken and rice (#5A)... oh that is good eats right there. And no fair using a fork; gotta use chopsticks. Learn. It's not hard, it just takes practice. Oh the glory of an overstuffed belly... :)

Fashion has never been my strong point. I don't keep up with the latest trends. As far as my personal style is concerned, blue jeans and a t-shirt will never go out of style. But walking across campus today, I noticed some things. First, what are these short-cropped swishy sweat pants? They look like a cross between "that-time-of-the-month pants" and a clamdigger skirt. Ooooh, fake tans... I love the greased orange glow emenating from the platinum blonde sorority girls. I hope your skin turns to leather by the time you're 30. And slippers are for HOME. I know they're comfy, and I know you're lazy, but seriously... you look stupid. Wear shoes.

Several of my friends have been sick lately, and I've been around them quite a bit. This was probably not a good idea, but I haven't been sick in a long time and my immune system is top-notch. I wash my hands at least ten times a day, not out of OCD, but just to be safe (and ALWAYS after dancing). Somehow though, I fear I have contracted a bug of some sort. Could be a cold, could be the flu... who knows where I got it... the thing that gets me though, is that I haven't done anything cool to get a bug (like kissing somebody with a cold - that's asking for it, but at least I wouldn't have gotten something positive out of it). So yeah, if I hit this with enough fluids, I still have time to knock it out in a hurry. Wish me luck. And pass the kleenexes.

Will post more later--gotta run to class.

1 comment:

Whit-O said...

tissue? *\\* here you go... hehehehe