Saturday, April 29, 2006

High School Prom (Dance)

Tonight was another "formal" ballroom dance. The theme was "high school prom," and Emily and I were appropriately dressed in our formal dresses for the occasion. She wore a full-length drop-bodice gold gown. I was wearing an empire-waisted light blue ballgown. We each had about fifteen minutes to get ready for the dance, so neither of us bothered with nylons, heels, or make-up. I think we spent a combined thirty seconds on our hair even--no product whatsoever. :) Not bad for a couple of girls that looked like prom queens.

I danced ALL NIGHT. The only songs I didn't dance to were the West Coast Swing, Hustle, and Argentine Tango dances (and of course the odd things they only ever play one dance of like Viennese Waltz, Samba, Rumba, etc. that I'll never learn). I had a great time dancing with all the boys. One guy kinda creeped me out and wouldn't leave me alone for a while... spent a bit of effort avoiding him. I can't stand a clingy boy.

Nightclub Two-Step with Anthony, Kenny, David, and Aaron. Two swing dances with boys I cannot remember, plus one with Daniel. Lindy Hop with Nathaniel and Aaron. Cha cha with Derrick and Doug. Foxtrot each with Charles and Scott. Waltzes with Paul and Mike. Tango with Daniel and Doug. A few others I can't remember right now... I had a lot of fun though, and I'm super exhausted!

Have a lot to think about this week, so I'll probably post a ton, but right now I'm going to bed so I can get up in five hours for work. Wow, it's like I almost have that "social life" thingy I've wanted for so long... er... something.

No comments: