Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lawn and Other Homework

Emily and I were motivated to do some yardwork yesterday... then we realized we didn't know how to operate the lawn mower. Now before you get all bent out of shape, let me explain my side of things (Emily may have a different story). My father taught me how to do a lot of manly things like using power tools and how to cross stitch, but he never made me work in the yard. I'm not incapable of learning how to operate any machine, I simply have not had the instruction to know how (this applies to vehicles too). To say that I do not know how to do something does NOT mean I am incapable of doing it. When I purchased my super awesome weed whacker, I had to learn how to use it. LOL, that was an adventure. I had to learn what everything was, how it worked, and how to operate the contraption. It took me half an hour to get that thing pull-started the first time, partially because the weed whacker was cold/empty/brand new, and partially because I was simply not strong enough to pull hard enough to get it to work. I pulled eleven muscles that day. --- ANYWAY! We didn't get any yardwork done. But I did clean out the garage a bit and found a giant spider that tried to chase me down and kill me. I ran away. He was big... at first I thought he was a mouse! but he had too many legs. End of cleaning garage.

Yeah, that's about all I have to say right now. Kinda down on myself. Kinda really down.

No comments: