Thursday, April 06, 2006

To Make a Move...

To make a move, or to not make a move... yes readers, I'm asking questions again!

It all comes down to the stupid stuff, the 9th grade "yawn, stretch, reach" maneuver. Should I be the shy girl and let him make all the moves? Should I attempt to make a few myself? Do boys like girls who make moves? Does this boy like a girl who can and will make a move? AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!

How do I let a guy know that I'm totally interested in him, but not seem obnoxious or obvious or desperate? I'm NOT desperate... there are lots of guys out there. I am a prize, a true prize of a girl... well-rounded, intelligent, funny, kind... I like big cities as well as small towns, being outside or inside, being lazy or being active. I'm not desperate at all. It's kind of like the denial argument... just can't win.

What can I do to let a guy know it's okay for him to make a move? Is it a word, an action, a gesture or thought? Put your arm around me, hold me, kiss me now you fool! I won't shy away, I won't think less of you, in fact, I'll probably like you more for having the courage to try to make a move (though the move itself is nice). Don't worry about being slick or smooth... if I don't like something, you'll know. I won't bite. I wouldn't allow you to get close to me if I didn't want you there. So go ahead! What are you waiting for?

Are you waiting for me to make a move? Oh dear. I don't know what to do... I'm not preprogrammed to make moves, but if I have to I will. I need to know that its okay, that you haven't relegated me to the "friend zone." Of course, you are a guy, so that means you're probably up for anything... ;) But I want the moment to be right, not forced as I am wont to do.

I don't want a relationship based on physicality... but I don't want to be "just friends." I want to fall asleep in your arms, to look across the lunch table and wonder why, out of all the girls waiting for a dance partner, why you picked me.

3 comments:

Dragonfly said...

ey, nice blog. I started reading it today, it was at random, i was looking for people who like Scot Grimes, and there we were, only you and me. :)
Good luck with everything!
Also i can totally relate to this last post.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever read the book "He's just not that into you"?

Lindsey said...

Actually yeah, the book is about fifteen feet away from me... and I thought it was a bit unrealistic.

I keep getting mixed signals, so I don't know if he's interested or just shy. I'm hopeful, but I'm not making excuses or anything... I'm trying to remain aloof and confident - and I'm still looking at other boys. :) So not all has been lost.