Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Potential Stalker

I am generally pretty logical and reserved when it comes to my surroundings. I'm not afraid of being at home alone, nor do I get frightened when I'm in the dark in a familiar place. That said, I don't particularly like being home alone overnight, but I also live in a rather "sketch" neighborhood. I give people the benefit of the doubt and am not scared of anyone until after I meet them.

Well, I met a guy that scares me. He's in one of my dance classes, and I am totally freaked out by him. He dances in my space, totally breaking my personal bubble (sure, dancing does that, but he's all over me). The guy watches me constantly if I'm dancing with another boy, follows me around the dance floor as much as possible, and stands near me at every possible moment if I'm not dancing. Sure, you probably think I'm making this up, overreacting, or just wishing I had someone that did that, but I can't make someone that creepy up. Seriously, I fear for my life when I'm around him. It's a gut reaction. I trust my gut without question. This dude is weirder than weird.

My self-defense skills are rusty at best... a few guys have been kind enough to teach me a little bit about how to defend myself, but I wouldn't be safe at all alone in a dark area. Granted, I've never been attacked like that, so I'm not sure how I would react (probably pretty violently), but when I'm wrestling with my guy friends, I don't stand a chance (or maybe I just like to let them win, muahahaha).

But yeah, this dude creeps me out. He stuck around at the end of the dance tonight waiting for me to walk past him on my way to the only exit door. He stood behind me about 10 feet, just watching, waiting, watching, creeping me out. I asked a friend to walk me to my car; it was parked right next to the building we were in. He kindly agreed and did so--the creepy guy apparently gave up because he was not standing behind me after ten minutes of me clinging to any other male in sight. Locked the car, drove home quickly too. Just too weird. I feel completely terrified of this guy, and I've never had this reaction to someone. EEK!

2 comments:

Jeff Waddell said...

Hmm, I don't like people creeping out my Lindsey. Want me to kill him?

Michael Faris said...

Have you talked to your instructor about his behavior?