Saturday, July 08, 2006

More Favorite Things

The original list contains more of my favorite things.

  • Ainslee's Saltwater Taffy. Chewy, sweet, tasty wonderfulness in a wax paper wrapper. Only available to purchase in Depot Bay, Oregon. Stop in if you're there, you won't regret it.
  • The gentle wind playing with my hair on a sunny day. Or the wind in my hair as I'm out driving. Okay, just having my hair played with... I like that. A lot.
  • Fresh Lebanon strawberries. So sweet, so red, so wonderful. And Mom's homemade strawberry freezer jam - made from our strawberries, of course.
  • Fountain pens. Stately, regal, formal, old-fashioned... something you don't see every day. Someone who owns their own fountain pen has an eye for great handwriting, an air of importance, and a really cool pen!
  • Cuddling with a boy. Did I say that? Oh well, it's not like I'm a saint or anything... I really like curling up with a boy's arm around me. Warm. Soft. Feels nice. :)
  • Old Spice and American Chopper scents cologne. *swoon*
  • Sitting on top of my cliff overlooking Gleneden Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
  • New socks. Squishy clean fun.
  • Tomcats. The Grumman F-14 Tomcat. The most capable strike-fighter aircraft with its speed and AIM-54 missles unmatched by any other Navy fighter. That is one sexy bird... oohwee! And I've been in one. Yes, indeedy, I'm a Tomcat girl!
  • Great comedy. Hal Sparks, Bill Engvall, Robin Williams, Adam Ferrara, George Carlin, Carlos Mencia... any comedy that doesn't make fun of people incapable of defending themselves. I don't like people who are mean to other people. But these guys rock!
  • Goatees. On guys, duh... and neatly kept. But oh I do love a man in a goatee. I don't know why... I just do.
  • An acoustically perfect concert hall with a Steinway grand on stage. That is awesome, especially if I'm the one playing it! Okay, good for me, but not for you. Oh well, it's my list.
  • The chase. A guy willing to tell me no, a guy that won't let me get away with my crap. No drama, just the chase. I don't know why... I just do. ;)
  • Blog comments (as always). Please leave one, it would make my day!

1 comment:

Mom of Three said...

Personally, I love the smell of any new clothes. Most of our stuff is used, so when I get something new, I'll sniff it deeply. Socks are a good one.

I also love getting into a clean bed. And good grated cheese. None of this Kraft Permesean crap. Pecorino Romano or Loucatelli.

I loved my Mazda MX-3. I'd also love a new Mini Cooper with a Union Jack on the roof, or maybe another customized roof.

I love the sound of rain on the roof and foghorns when the weather is bad.