Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Best of Summer

I have had an amazing twenty-four hours! Emily and a friend came down to my house last night, then the three of us drove to go dancing. A ton of people were there, thankfully lots of boys, and some great people/friends I haven't seen since school let out. We laughed, we danced, we laughed and danced... when the dance was over, a small group of us went to Shari's to hang out a bit longer. So much fun! Those are the moments in life I wouldn't trade for anything. We didn't get back home until almost 2am, and then I was back up early sorting out job applications. Emily, her friend, my sister, and I went back to OSU to explore campus and show Emily's friend what she can expect when she starts in a few months as a freshman. A couple of kids that were with us last night at Shari's met us on campus, and we all wandered around laughing and having a great time. I can't even express how much fun I had... just a wonderful twenty-four hours.

Except for the part about still being plagued by dehydration. I'm working so hard to get liquid in me, but it doesn't want to stay in.

And except for my incredibly sore arms from Sunday. No bruising, I'm just really sore through my deltoids. They're actually warm to the touch (warmer than normal). Where's a good masseuse when I need one?

The exceptions didn't even begin to dent my totally sweet day, though. The weather is absolutely perfect, the valley smells like warm hay, and I'm content. :)

1 comment:

Uninformed Decision-Making said...

If you ever need a deep rubbing, I might be able to help. :) Just ask and thee shall receive.

Oh, go drink something!