Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Blue

Sometimes I wish
I new the words to say
to make you care, to make you
stand up and take notice
of me.

To see that, behind this
façade of serene perfection and
confidence,
I need you.

Not to hold my
hand or tell me
soothing lies.

I don't need your
endless correction
or the added
stress of things left
undone.

I am not seeking
acceptance
or to be an equal
or even special treatment.

Understanding
might be nice,
to finally converse and be
heard.

My voice is new,
but loud,
and I aim to make you
see
me
as me,
not as the image of me you have
created.

Every word can be
shouted at you,
every word an apology
for the wrongs
I have accomplished,
every word a testament
to your greatness.

But hollow words buy you no
forgiveness.

I want so much
for you to ask me
just once
if I am okay
because then I'll know
you're listening to me.

And I can finally cry
an adult tear.

2 comments:

Uninformed Decision-Making said...

A form I have not seen before, but very nice nonetheless. Do you have more?

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.