Monday, September 25, 2006

Choking on Fear

So the other shoe finally dropped. In my fear, I called my last employer and, upon speaking with her again this afternoon, I'm planning to ask to come back to work. I loved the people there, and while being a kitchen lackey is nothing glamorous, it is work. And moreover, it is temporary. If there is still an opening, I will be employed. If not, I'll be no farther than I am at this moment.

*EDIT* There are no openings where I used to work. Back to the Dragon...

I found an old poem I wrote waaaay back in the day, maybe during middle school. I found a lot of comfort writing it then, and I find even more trepidation realizing things haven't changed in all that time. I never titled it... what think ye?

~*~*~*~*~*~

Running, screaming,
.....pushing, fleeing,
..........fighting my way
upstream
..........surging ahead
.....forced
back
not knowing where I'm going
.....chomping at the bit
..........only causing
pain
..........fighting the current
.....biting the dust
choking on fear
...............drawn forward to the
..........past
not living
.....still swimming
..........my eyes lie
.....walking the line
water below
...............stranded
..........time ticking away
.....will it
end?

No comments: