Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Few Nice Moments

A great day! Today was totally awesome. My interview was perfect, top to bottom. Only got hung up on one math problem for their little test thingy; no big deal, I know I got the rest correct. Got a tour of the facility and learned a ton about what they do (which was neat since I didn't really understand that before). I really hope I get called back for the formal, big interview. The dude was really cool though--a neat guy to talk to.

Today is Grandma's 88th birthday, so I visited her for a long time this afternoon. We had a great chat, and she helped me put some things in perspective. I visited with a few of the other old ladies for a bit, and that made me feel great. I was talking about "coming of age" experiences with a friend recently, and Grandma reinforced what I thought. She said it took a lot of guts for an 18-year-old kid to go in and work with old people and then even more to stick it out for five years. I just thought it was neat and tried to learn as much as I could. I definitely think I grew up there, and realize how much I miss it (at times).

My day really started last night, or the best part was very early this morning: I went to Corvallis to drop off an application, reviewed for my math test today (you can take the geek out of school, but the learning never stops), and then met up with a friend to go dancing. Super fun, great conversations, new dance steps... I am astounded at how cool people can be when you take the time to get to know them.

Tonight is the season premiere of ER. *I must prepare...*

No comments: