Saturday, September 16, 2006

Meme of Tens

Ten Things I Can’t Stand:
1. Mustard
2. Wal-Mart
3. Tighty Whiteys
4. Sloppy Handwriting
5. Shopping
6. TV Commercials
7. Baby Talk
8. Mayonnaise
9. Misunderstandings resulting from miscommunication
10. Being told what to do or who to become

Ten Movies I Adore:
1. “Pirates of the Caribbean” (both)
2. “The Peacemaker”
3. “American Outlaws”
4. “The Negotiator”
5. “The Cutting Edge”
6. “10 Things I Hate About You”
7. “Con Air”
8. “Chocolat”
9. “October Sky”
10. “Band of Brothers” (miniseries)

Ten Programs/Games on my Computer:
1. Mozilla Firefox
2. Hoyle Card/Table/Board/Word Games
3. Macromedia Fireworks MX
4. Cakewalk Music Creator
5. Sid Meier’s Pirates!
6. Insaniquarium
7. Trillian
8. Google Earth
9. a flight simulator
10. MicroCAM (mapping software)

Ten Things I Want to Do in my Lifetime:
1. Grow
2. Fall madly in love with someone
3. Work hard
4. Make my own trail
5. Bear children
6. Dance all night and day
7. Learn from mistakes
8. Write
9. Perform and entertain
10. Laugh until it hurts

Ten CDs I Love:
1. “Band of Brothers” soundtrack
2. “Livin’ on the Run” –Scott Grimes
3. “Josh Groban” –Josh Groban
4. “Beyond the Sea” soundtrack
5. “American Outlaws” soundtrack
6. “Avalon” – John Tesh
7. “What Women Want” soundtrack
8. “Kings of Swing”
9. “Ultimate Disney Classics”
10. “Dirty Dancing” soundtrack

Ten Things in my Desk Drawers:
1. stamps
2. a puzzle game
3. eight rulers
4. stationery
5. origami paper
6. coloring books
7. chewing gum
8. sticky-tack
9. calligraphy pens
10. rubber bouncy balls

Ten Books I Treasure:
1. My copy of Band of Brothers, signed by two real-life members of Easy Company
2. Gaston et Ses Amis, my grandfather’s French textbook from high school
3. Gary Paulsen’s Hatchet
4. My copy of Apples in the Sky, signed by the Salem, OR, author C. M. McDade
5. J. C. George’s My Side of the Mountain
6. Gary Paulsen’s Canyons
7. Honoré Morrow’s On to Oregon
8. Esther Forbes’ Johnny Tremain
9. Wilson Rawls’ Where the Red Fern Grows
10. Chelsea Quinn Yarbro’s Locadio’s Apprentice

Ten Moments I Remember:
1. Being named Drum Major sophomore year of high school
2. My first kiss
3. The mock car crash
4. The first time I tied my shoes all by myself
5. Cousin Stacy’s bike accident at Grandma and Grandpa’s house
6. Going to school on September 11, 2001.
7. The Tunnel at Autzen Stadium at 7:30am in early November
8. My first alcoholic drink
9. Finding out that Grandpa passed away
10. My first Geocache

Ten Things I’m Never Without:
1. Chap stick
2. Nail clippers
3. Camera
4. ID
5. Watch
6. Cell phone
7. Sunglasses
8. A book
9. A pencil
10. The ability to question things

Ten Things I Love (other than people):
1. Walking in the rain
2. The spicy smells of Christmas
3. Applesauce on macaroni and cheese
4. Playing the piano
5. Lighthouses
6. Card/board games
7. Big, warm blankets in the wintertime
8. Massages
9. Fine chocolate (but I’m not terribly picky)
10. Asking thoughtful questions

No comments: