Friday, November 03, 2006

Birthday Blogging

Yup, now I'm "officially" 23 years old. My birthday has been pretty good, even had a good commute this morning. I received several text messages and telephone calls that all made me smile. My coworker's birthday is tomorrow, so the women in the office (four of us) all went to Big River for lunch to celebrate. I'm not usually one to eat fancy food, but my halibut was delicious. The mashed potatoes had crab in them (weird, though very tasty once you get past the stringy texture). And the Big Boss let us leave fifteen whole minutes early! Other than that... I got a headache, a stomach ache, and think I'll go to bed early.

I did receive a wonderful gift from my sister: Beyond Band of Brothers: The War Memoirs of Major Dick Winters, an autobiography by one of my few true heroes. Haven't read it yet, but I'll work on it. I think that's my plan for tomorrow. Piano, reading, and working on my family tree. Oh, and going out to dinner with my parents, and maybe some blogging... of course. :)

SO MANY THANKS go out to the friends who posted birthday wishes on my Facebook profile, to my e-mail, or by telephone. THANK YOU ALL!!!

1 comment:

Mom of Three said...

23? Wow. That was 17 years ago.

I turn 40 in one month. I instructed my husband he was not to throw me some stupid party where everyone brings Depends or walkers. My last birthday? I didn't really do much. We just moved out of state so nobody was here except the kids and Slave Hubby. I still had to change diapers.

My birthday is the day before xmas so I am always a little crabby to begin with. But I'm glad you had a great one. Enjoy being 23, it's a great age!