Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Birthday Dance

My boyfriend convinced me to have a birthday dance. Birthday dances are peculiar, the recipient standing on the floor and then leads (in my case, since I'm a follow) line up, each taking a turn with the recipient. I'm not a great dancer, not very well known in our little dance community, though I have danced with several guys. The DJ announced that I "requested" the birthday dance (which isn't true, I didn't ask for one at all--my boyfriend requested one for me, partly to force me into it, partly to be a gentleman). At first, none of the boys lined up. I was fearful, but within a few more seconds, a line of sorts had formed. I danced a nightclub two-step with eight or ten guys to "Ride of Your Life" by Oliver James. And, yes, the dance was truly awesome. I'm so glad I did it!

No comments: