Friday, December 29, 2006

"Down in the west Texas town of..."

I had to work today, even though most of my office mates were out for various reasons (which all translated into either "I'm AT the football game" or "I'm watching the football game"). The four of us left turned up the radio and kept an ear on the OSU game today. The thing that struck me most was the announcer. Where did OSU win it's game today? "Down in the west Texas town of El Paso!" Where were they broadcasting live from today? "Down in the west Texas town of El Paso!" Could the announcer say that he was in El Paso, Texas, just once without quoting Marty Robbins' song? I grew up listening to Marty Robbins, and while I'm not into country music on the whole anymore, there is some that I do like. As for the announcer, well, I really wanted to yell out, "Down in the west Texas town of shut the fuck up already!" ...but I was at work. And the Beavers won. I guess I can't complain about that. :)

No comments: