Sunday, January 14, 2007

Geocaching, dinner, and dancing...

Yesterday was probably one of the most fun days I've had in many years. A friend (we'll call him 'Chris' as that is his name) asked me if I wanted to go Geocaching in the afternoon before dinner and dancing up in Clackamas. Umm, duh... yes! So he came over here and we set up our 'caching route, sticking to I-5 north. With only a couple hours of daylight, we managed to grab three 'caches. Not bad for limited planning and a desire to get north asap... we had dinner at Old Chicago (a first time for me), and I enjoyed some of the best chicken strips in a while. We got to the dance on time and sat down very little between 8:30 and midnight. I danced with many different guys, but, as always, my favorites were my OSU friends. I got home around 3am.

Mom asked me yesterday about "this guy" I was going to Clackamas with, and whether or not I liked him. "No, Mom, we would never date. We already talked about it." But Chris and I talked even more yesterday (several hours online, then all afternoon and evening, and well into those little number hours). And I'm not single anymore.

Geocaching, dinner, dancing, long talks... I can't help but smile. :)

4 comments:

Mom of Three said...

Have you ever gone on that site, LetterboxingUSA or something like that? They have boxes hidden seemingly in every enclave in the US, only with this you use a stamp, stamp your book with the stamp in the box, stamp their book with a stamp you make. They are EVERYWHERE! They even had one on the town of 1500 that we moved from!

Sounds heavenly! Almost like a summer day, somehow...

The Guy Who Writes This said...

I'm happy for you, Jaggy.

Jaggy said...

Mo3, yeah, I've heard of Letterboxing. I think it's a neat idea, but I have a hard enough time finding Geocaches, let alone adding something else to search for in life. :)

Mr. Guy... thanks.

whit-o-roni said...

yea, i feel so unloved because you have so many people commenting on your site, but no one ever comments on mine... :( oh well. at least i am on your blog still... with that crazy snowman...