Monday, January 15, 2007

Mmm, new leather smell...

I was walking with my mother from the car into the store when I remarked, "my t-shirt is sticking out the bottom of my fleece." Mom paused for a second before replying, "my shoes are sticking out of my pants." . . . yes, yes, Mom, they are. I don't know why I find that so incredibly hilarious, but her quick reply was too funny!

Mom and I went shopping in Salem today. I have been pricing leather jackets for well over five years, and the ones I've wanted range from $100 on sale to $300 at full price. I spotted a sign saying leather jackets 70% off and wondered what the price inflation was like... and then saw a little red sticker saying $79.99 over an original price of $199.99. I tried on a few, and one looked pretty good, but when I saw the one, it was over for me. Black leather jacket, tailored so it looks like it was made for me... oh, and the best part? We ended up paying less than $50! I also got some really nice looking shoes for under $50, which is unheard of for a Keen/Merrell fanatic like myself. I'll have to put insoles in them, but I do that with most shoes anyway.

This evening has been good as well, complete with homemade spaghetti and a haircut. I am ready for work tomorrow, looking forward to dinner with my boyfriend, and can't wait for more dancing on Sunday night.

Sound too perfect? It is... somehow, dancing Saturday night, I tweaked my back just enough to cause some wonky pain every time I bend, twist, or stretch.

No comments: