Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pizza-Pasta and Hazelnut Thanks

I have officially been dancing one year now, as of Monday night, and I celebrated by what else, more dancing! To make up for a crappy weekend dance, I really threw myself into the night and had a great time. The guys from around here are super cool, and I had a nightclub two-step that was simply breathtaking. I had some other goofy moments, and messed up several times, but it was a really fun night. (For the list of dances I've learned, see the section in the sidebar on the left.)

Because they have little for me to do at work right now, and because I had a dentist appointment this afternoon, I ended up having the whole day off (which is good because I was out dancing late last night knowing I wouldn't have to get up for work today). I didn't sleep late, actually got some stuff done, and then went to the evil dentist. No cavities. ...that doesn't mean I like the guy...

Dad made dinner tonight, a feat rarely seen in this house, although he's not a bad cook. By "cook," I mean water-boiler for pasta or oven-preheater for pizza. But tonight, Dad made pizza pasta. Sausage, hamburger, pepperoni, green pepper, onion, and tomatoes with pasta and tomato sauce, and a bit of shredded cheese on top. Pretty tasty stuff for a first-try, kinda guessed at, thrown together, "hmm, I wonder if this is even going to be edible" attempt. I'm stuffed, so I think it was a damn good attempt, especially considering how picky I am.

I have a very special thank you to send out tonight, as I know the recipient is a reader. A bit before Christmas, my family acquired a large bag of hazelnuts as part of a trade. My Dad cracked many of the nuts for Mom and his mother, and Mom used them to make cookies for the holidays (which were, I kid you not, some of the best cookies I have ever eaten). Dad kept commenting that the hazelnuts cracked more cleanly than any he'd ever cracked. He gave about a pound to Grandma for Christmas. Sunday afternoon, while visiting Grandma, she commented to me, "Those are the best hazelnuts I've had. I only eat five a day, otherwise I'd eat them all at once!" So to the family who made another very happy, thank you so much.

No comments: