Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Drama is Life, and I have Life

My boyfriend commented to a friend tonight that I seem to have a lot of drama in my life. I thought about it the whole way home, and that's a long drive when I take backroads (25 miles or so). I suppose I do have some drama, but my life is pretty tame compared to how it was living with two girls. Rachel, Emily, and I rarely had drama between the three of us. We didn't ever fight or really get angry with each other, and what drama we did have ended fairly quickly. We each had our own drama, and I think Emily and Rachel had more boy drama than I ever had, seeing that they dated more guys and were much more popular than I was.

But, I think Chris is right. I do have a lot of drama. Most of my drama stems from work or home. Work is a challenge because I don't always understand things and have to ask questions. The office manager is in the process of turning my temporary position into a permanent one, and there are no guarantees I'll be rehired in this change, so I have a bit of drama there. And they're teaching me new things, which is nice, but of course, it's stressful.

I think my family causes most of my drama. I come from a big extended family, and I live with my immediate family, so I'm constantly exposed to this group. My sister and I have had a rough time turning our childhood friendship/rivalry into an adult sisterhood. My sister is dating my ex-roommate (a boy I'm not particularly fond of, although we are civil now), and that definitely created some drama at one point. My parents are not always the best at allowing me to grow and do my own thing--something I fight hard to retain. Mom is particularly difficult when she says one thing and then says something else. Dad isn't a bed of roses when he's angry either. I have tons of cousins, lots of aunts and uncles... and there is always something happening. When nothing happens in my family, we're all just waiting for the other shoe to drop. And the gossiping: I plan on a post dedicated to that alone.

I do not think this drama is all bad, though. I talk to my family, and I love my family, and I share in their lives. I wouldn't be nearly the person I am without my family. Moving out and having a bit of distance would make me a much better and happier person--and that will happen soon. So yeah, I have drama. I have a family that has drama. I even have friends with drama. It's not always good, and I don't think I have nearly as much drama as some people do, but...

Drama is life.

I guess that means I'm living life. Dramatic, wonderful, emotion-filled, crazy life.

Got a problem with that? "Y'all can just suck it." (<--For K.)

2 comments:

whit-o-roni said...

drama? you want DRAMA?!?! WHERE IS YOUR BLOGGER BASHER? :(

i am sad...

boo-hoo...

:( come back...

Jaggy said...

I'm not sure what happened to the blogger guy... he seems to have disappeared for the day. I'll check the code, but if it takes longer than ten seconds to fix, he's gone.

That's the way it goes sometimes.

And no, I already get enough drama from you, sis. You and Amie both. :P