Sunday, February 04, 2007

Lazy Sundays are the best

I was in bed today until 4pm. Wasn't sick, felt fine... bed was warm and I didn't have anything better to do. Didn't watch the sports thingy today. Didn't even make lunch. Mom and I ordered my new computer today! And I talked to a friend.

Spent a good hour last night chatting at Grandma's, just the two of us. She cleared up some doubts I've had lately, and made me feel a bit more grown-up than everyone around me usually does.

Oh, and I linked my blog to the Facebook Notes. This probably isn't the best idea, seeing that I post here more often than anyone else does on Facebook... but I can always take it off if people get too annoyed.

Time to get out of my house for a bit!

5 comments:

Uninformed Decision-Making said...

I guess I'm just a slacker, I only made it to 1:45 today and 2:45 yesterday before rousing from my comfy sheets.

Didn't you just get a new computer?
What's special about your new one?
What has occurred to end your enjoyment and utility of the previous unit?

Jaggy said...

The last computer I got was a high school graduation present from my parents. I'll post the spec's from the new one soon. And as for what ended my enjoyment of this one? I can't play a game I want to play because my video card is so damn old. That, and after four-and-a-half years, it's just time.

Uninformed Decision-Making said...

I am certain you were obtaining pieces to build a new machine months ago. Specifically, there was a discussion (here) as to parts and its overall spiffiness. AMD Athlon-64 ~3800 with @ least 1gig of RAM, et al. Was what I am recalling destined for another or perhaps a test run for part choice?

If maintanance of the aging rig is no longer desired, perhaps it could become available for new ownership? :D

Mom of Three said...

Wow, you totally don't have kids!!!

I remember those wonderful days!

Jaggy said...

Mo3, no, no kids. Yet. I'm hopeful that I'll have some soon... like, after I get married and such. Five or ten years, I imagine.

UDM: I was working on constructing my own machine, but I couldn't match Dell for the prices and monitor and other peripherals. Those parts and specs have gone by the wayside, the Internet graveyard of dreams... The aging compy will survive as a piano companion for the digital piano! I have Cakewalk and midi connection, so I now have a slave compy plus the new BIG one. Specs posted later, I hope.