Thursday, March 08, 2007

I've been called many things, but this...

A SPORTS CAR! He compared me to a sports car.

Out of context that sounds pretty silly, and it made me laugh when he said that, but now that I've had time to think about it, it's a pretty awesome thing to be compared to. My partner and I were engaged in a fast foxtrot, swirling about the floor, feet with wings (or so it felt), when he looked down at me and compared me to a sports car. His reasoning being that I'm a responsive follow and react quickly to his leads. ...never thought that was an unusual thing to do, but if it means he enjoys dancing with me, I'm totally okay with that. I'm a sports car. Yippee!

Last night was amazing. I really needed to get out and dance, and after a very fun evening with a friend, I did go dancing. So much dancing! Waltz, foxtrot, swing, and hustle... I did a Viennese Waltz that left me reeling, and had a great Nightclub Two-Step. Tomorrow night, Emily is coming into town, and she and a few of our friends and I are going to dinner before the WCS dance. Hooray for being social!

I slept a solid eight hours last night, the first time in months. *insert contented sigh here*

I cut my hair again tonight. I must say, it's quite a good feeling.

And since I had the day off, I made cookies! I think I had chocolate chunks all over the kitchen before I got the cookies made... but they're incredible and amazing and wonderful oatmeal-chocolate-chunk cookies.

Tonight, Dad made a fantastic dinner, a chicken recipe I haven't had in many, many years: it's a cheap rip-off of Sizzler's "Malibu chicken." Dad, my sister, and I watched a couple episodes of Invader Zim while eating.

And now I'm watching The Princess Bride before I crawl into a warm bed.

What an excellent day!

2 comments:

Mom of Three said...

I do not think that word means what you think it means...

Jaggy said...

oh dear

do I want to know?