Thursday, March 22, 2007

Jaggy Got Potty Mouth

Talk about ammunition for a blog post! Thanks, guys!

It all started here, a nice post about a shower head. I seem to have caused quite a stir over on Mr. Guy's blog, and I have a few more comments of my own now. Look for the (impossible to miss) red text.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Beth said...
Big whine here. I want one. For my back. Does a Tank Drainer 2000 really exist?
7:13 AM

Jaggy said...
When we were looking at renting our house while in college, we found a great house with a fantastic shower head. That shower head mysteriously disappeared between initial inspection and move-in day. I lived with a stationary (hose-less) shower head until I had to clean the shower the first time. Unacceptable! I went to a local store and bought a shower head with a hose. I installed it all by myself, too (my princess of a roommate freaking out the whole time, lol). I took it with me when we moved out. That's my shower head.
7:18 AM By the way, that shower head is this crazy off-lilac.

thartill said...
Ah yes...agree completely. That is what I call a "Power Shower".
7:50 AM

Jaggy said...
P.S. I totally posted first this morning, but had to enter that fucking password thing nineteen times before I got all the letters right. So there! :P
11:50 AM

The Guy Who Writes This said...
Ahh, Jaggy you have to get up pretty early to beat Beth. Sorry about the security codes, but I really do get a lot of spam here. I will try taking it down again next month and see how it goes, again. Mr. Guy, don't worry about the passwords. I have trouble with all of them, not typing them, but actually seeing the difference between "cl" and "d."

Beth, that is just my name for it. It is probably no longer available since it is law, here that only efficient shower heads are sold. Maybe ebay. It looks just like the one in the photo, and the part where the water comes out is metal, not plastic.

TH, the next step is a pressure washer. Now there's an idea...
12:09 PM

thartill said...
Jaggy what language!
I'm shocked...SHOCKED I tell ya!
1:32 PM

Moosehead said...
Jaggy got potty mouth, Jaggy got potty mouth.
Isn't it great when you realize you have had a positive influence on the yutes.
2:32 PM

thartill, moosehead, and the rest of ya: Trust me, you did not have a bad influence on me. One of my best friends was a Ranger, and I've dated both a Sailor and a Marine. Last year, I gave up swearing for Lent, and it was actually pretty hard. First, I'm not Catholic, so Lent was hard in general, but not swearing was exceptionally difficult. I only allowed myself to say "crap." I grew up saying that at home without repercussion, so I figure it's pretty mild. Believe me when I say those three guys taught me how to swear! Mom's a good (bad) influence sometimes too. ;)

The Guy Who Writes This said...
Hey you guys, Jaggy has had a bad month. She broke up with her boyfriend and was in a wreck with her car. Besides I like it when she talks like that...
2:38 PM I haven't had a bad month... I got HIRED! I didn't break up with him, he dumped me. Not that I mind... seeing how much happier I am now. Yes, a minor traffic accident that caused a mild case of whiplash--could have been so much worse. But if you like it, you might look a little closer at some earlier posts. I've calmed the language down for some of my older viewers. Plus, I respect the fact that not everyone want to run across an F-bomb every other line.

thartill said...
We all know that you like it when the ladies talk dirty to you Guy.
Remember though..Grand-daughters...
3:15 PM I'm confused, and I am not sure I want to know.

The Guy Who Writes This said...
Yes, Jaggy is young enough to be my grand daughter, but she's paid her dues. She has loved and lost, she finished her education. She's old enough to buy me a beer or an icecream. She works with people who give her shit for being young. Jaggy is OK by me to say what ever she wants. By the way, you are both about the same age. Want to meet one another??? She likes men who can dance, and not just around the issues...
3:43 PM I don't know what to say! Um... I have loved and lost, but I'll never finish my education. I can buy beer and ice cream, but unlike some frat boys, I would never mix the two. Beer does not belong in milkshakes, I don't care what kind of Irishman you are! I don't know if I'd meet someone I met online. Call me traditional, but I'm willing to learn... as long as it's not in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

thartill said...
While I think she is a cutie and I have no doubt we would get along great, I think our jobs will keep us in our respective towns for a while. And I'm not a Long Dist. guy.
She likes men who can dance
How could you possibly know this? Wait a minute, have you been hanging out at the Wet Dog at 1 or 2 in the morning?
7:12 PM AWWW! Points to the guy. I agree about long distance relationships not working. But if the guy can dance... now there's a treat! Y'all have a bar called the "Wet Dog"? That's almost as bad as Albany's "Linger Longer."

Trish said...
My mothers apartment has water pressure that will take will take your skin right off and I love it. It's like a spa treatment.
7:43 PM

Mom of Three said...
Everyone knows Jaggy likes to dance...she's in that dance club thingy.
Great post about Jaggy, Guy!
Oh, wait! Shower pressure! Damn straight! Aesthetically, I would rather have those large sunflowery gentle rain shower heads. But I can't abide by it, regardless of how authentic it looks.
When I was in high school, my parents bought one of those newfangled detachable shower massage ones. O.M.G. The uses a pent-up teenage girl could find for such a thing!
8:16 PM I DO love to dance! But I'm not in any clubs: I dance socially. MO3, I totally understand. (*thinks to self* did I just say that? LOL!)

Jaggy said...
OMG LOL! YOU PEOPLE ROCK! Come on over to me blog to see some thoughts. ;)
This totally made my month.

~*~*~*~*~*~

My blog stats are off the charts tonight! I can't believe it. I'm... stunned. Today has been slow, but good, and I'm much less sore from the whiplash, so I'm pretty happy. Maybe it's the hazelnut pancakes I had for dinner... those were excellent. I'm so amazed at how incredible this evening has been. Wow!

8 comments:

thartill said...

Oh boy where to start....

Guy did a post a while back on when he sees girls in their 20's....he wonders if they would make good grand-daughters or not.

Yes, we have a dance club type brewery called the "Wet Dog". It's the "final destination" of a weekend night. Folks also call it the "sweat hog" which doesn't need much explanation. They even have a DJ that spins records at night and his name is....wait for it....DJ Scrub!

We don't have a WalMart around here and our local governments even put it in language when there are land sales....."you can build whatever you want...just not a Walmart..."

Although when I lived in Corvallis I hung out at Winco quite a bit...but that still probably isn't a "highclass" enough place to meet....

Jaggy said...

I'll have to go looking for Mr. Guy's post.

While dance clubs can be fun, I might point out that my dancing skills were honed on a ballroom floor. That bump'n and grind'n stuff isn't exactly "Jaggy" dancing.

DJ Scrub. Wow. That's... small town right there. Wow.

Way to go, banning the Evil Empire!

Can you think of any high-class places in Corvallis? Aside from the overpriced Michael's Landing and Big River, I'm not finding many...

thartill said...

High-class? I couldn't go anywhere highclass...I was a poor college student...hell I couldn't even afford to be a "Beaver Believer" I had to make the trek to Linn-Benton.

That's why I had to visit Winco....so I could stock up on Top-Ramen and Cheerios.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Ahhh, look at you two...cute grand children...

Auntie L said...

Grand-chillun's to you Guy?

Chillun's to moi.

Too cute. Golf Boy and Jaggy.

Jaggy, if you haven't figured this out yet, stay away from the cops as well as the military guys. Bad juju there, hon. But, perhaps you already know that.

Jaggy said...

1, I'm not "cute." Cute ended at five. Cute ended when I learned how to make explosives in chem class. Cute... is not "Jaggy."

2, "Golf Boy"? How does one merit such a nickname?

3, Top Ramen rocks. I don't care how wealthy or poor I am, I like it.

4, Yes, I think I'm done with flyboys and jarheads for a long, long time. Give me someone stable and reliable. And after six or seven engineers, I'd like a break from them too.

5, I can't believe you guys!

Mom of Three said...

Auntie L has coined Tryan "Golf Boy." I don't know why, but it makes him nuts, so it's awesome!

I never lost the taste for Mac and Cheese, Kraft only, no matter how much I've eaten it. Now, for $3, you can get a 36 pack of MSG-laden goodness. My kids adore this stuff, for reasons I can't quite grasp. And when their friends come over, that's all they want to eat! I give everyone chopsticks and let 'em go for it. I'm out max .60 by the end of the play date.

Slave Hubby is an ex-Jarhead. The stories he could tell!

Mom of Three said...

Oh yeah, and stay away from those skating rink DJs!