Monday, March 26, 2007

No Money = No Food

Lunchtime was an adventure today. I left work at noon to go to Subway on Monroe Street. When I got there, everything was dark, like they weren't open. I tried the door, which gave, and walked inside. "Cash only, cold sandwiches." Armed with only one dollar, I guessed they weren't going to cut me a deal. I wandered across the street to my bank, but that block was without power too. No power meant no ATM, which meant no money for me, which also meant no food. Grrr. I got back in my car and headed to Fred Meyer, then Bi-Mart... nobody had power. After driving around for half an hour, I found a parking spot near the Subway on 9th Street. They had power, and I think that block was the only one in most of Corvallis. The wait wasn't too bad, and I got my sandwich with just enough time to speed back to work. Talk about an adventure!

The rest of the day was long and worrysome. I worked hard all morning making an 80-odd-sheet Excel workbook look and function properly, and it does look great. This afternoon, I finished part of one project and started another... so I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring.

The worrying part of my day is a little silly, but still, it's irksome to any woman. I was about a week late this month. For someone who runs like clockwork, that's awful. I don't think there's any way I could be pregnant (it'd be a virgin pregnancy!), but in the back of my mind, I still worry. I'm less worried today. :) The good news and the bad news are one in the same: I started my period. Fucking hell, this 'being a girl' thing sucks!

Now that I've told you WAAAAAY more than you needed to know, I'm going to go work out on my rolling ball. That means I'm destined to roll off and whack my head on something harder than it... do I get points for injuring myself on a yoga ball in my own bedroom?

8 comments:

THartill said...

Pregnant virgins rule!

One of my friends still claims she is virgin and she has a 2 year old son...who knew?

Seriously though, why would you be worried if you were a virgin...your story just isn't adding up! Ha Ha!

I'd never be caught with a dollar. I am a cash/barter guy myself. I might use my card 4 times a year and only in emergencies.

TH said...

Oh and I have been learning some new dance moves.....

How to dance properly

The Evolution of dance.

Jaggy said...

I've seen that video, and it rocks! Although it still won't teach you how to hold a girl. :P

You ought to be shot for the pun... sheesh! I generally have $10 to $20 on me, but I wrapped my $10 bill into my friend's birthday present (on purpose). Poor planning, even if it was thoughtful at the time.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Get a room, you two...

Jaggy said...

Mr. Guy, you started it. :P ;)

Mom of Three said...

I thought I started it!

But hey, they always say, if Armageddon hits, your ATM card won't be worth squat. Always have some cash on hand.

Which, of course, I never do.

Which is why we have guns.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Mo3, guns? Really? I'm doing a piece on guns, I think tomorrow. I guess it goes with the Marine thing... now wait, Guns, Armageddon, home school...Are you a Republican?

Jaggy said...

I think you both started it.

I went shopping tonight for the sole purpose of getting cash as I checked out - and forgot to get cash. Shit! I spent my last two dollars today. No pop for me tomorrow. :(

Hm... I don't think the vending machines respond well to "stick 'em up!" ...though a shotgun might do well to break the glass without putting too many holes in my chocolate... the ideas are coming to me!