Saturday, April 07, 2007

Valley/Cabin Fever

As I was driving home last night, the glowing world lit up like a mid-summer's evening, I kept seeing motorcyclists burning rubber in the opposite direction. I couldn't help but be jealous of their ride. The warm wind flowing under their helmet, the engine's rumble passing through their body, grassy field slipping past their line of vision one field after another... I wanted so much to be there, a passenger on the road to destinations unknown.

I was talking to my dad last night, explaining that I feel an urge to get out of the valley for a weekend. I can't remember the last time I left the state. This last August, I made it over the mountains for my cousin's wedding--and last May, I was at the coast. I've been all over the state, having seen rocks and historical signs in just about every county... I know there are tons of things left to see in Oregon. I don't know what I want to see next, but I know I need to get out of the valley. I need a vacation.

9 comments:

thartill said...

You should just plan a trip up this way....you can even drive 4 miles north from A-town and be in another State!

Jaggy said...

I'd love to get up to the north coast sometime, and one of my college roommates is living in Tillamook, so I might even have a place to crash. ...Something to think about. :)

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Better, clean your apartment TH. Tillamook is a bit of a drive once you take here out drinking and dancing.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

And Jaggy, what lovely green eyes you have. Nice new photo.

Jaggy said...

Aww, thanks Mr. Guy! I've no qualms about driving to Tilly - it's far better than driving home.

thartill said...

No cleaning necessary...of course I need to do something with my extensive collection of magazines and videos....can I store 4 or 5 boxes of Mags and Vids at your house Guy?

And I can't believe Jaggy is befriending Cheesemakers! The Horror!

Jaggy said...

magazines and videos? would those be the kind of ill repute? ;)

And I'm not befriending a Cheesemaker. This friend grew up in Lebanon but moved to Tillamook for work. She's living outside town if I remember correctly. You only have to worry if I befriend an 'Uck.

Excuse me while I run away - my mother has stolen my laser-sighted Nerf dart gun and is shooting at me. ACK!

thartill said...

OK good I was worried for a second....(actually I have no room to talk I have 2 Cheesemakers on my MySpace friend list...)

An UCK?

Off topic but I was thinking about moving to Eugene. That place is the best, and the school there is top notch...too bad all the schools in Oregon were not on their level...

Jaggy said...

You are more than welcome to move to Eugene. You are also more than welcome to never leave a comment on this blog again if you're going to talk like that about that town and school. :P ;)