Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.

Some days, I feel pretty down on myself. Today, unfortunately, was one of those days. I have zero drive to do anything important, and even though I've been craving some delicious Local Boyz cuisine, it just didn't taste as good as I'd hoped.

I think it all started with my dream last night. Now before I launch off into a tirade about the intimate details of a dream, let me remind you: there is nothing more boring than listening to someone else describe a dream. Quick summary of the nightmare: I got married... to no one. I had a wedding dress and my parents were taking me to my own wedding, but I wasn't marrying anyone. Nobody was there, and nobody was expected to be there.

I'm sure that has to mean something in the extremes of the cosmos...

Upon waking, I realized it was all a very weird dream (and had been thinking that during the dream, "this can't be real, it just can't be!"). But then, I also realized I was waking up alone, yet again, in a tiny bed, in a stark room, in a small town... sometimes I despair over little things.

And then... my pants. Mom insists that my sister and I need to get new pants. Neither my sister nor I disagree with her. Since Mervyn's pulled out of Albany, and Eddie Bauer left Salem, and there are no places to get Levi's close, we have a hard time finding jeans that fit at a cost that's reasonable. Furthermore, what you are not hearing is the way Mom tells us to buy new jeans. I think it translates roughly to, "You need to buy new, bigger jeans."

I've been working in a desk job for seven months now, and I have gained a paltry five pounds. I've also reached that point where a woman's body is primed for popping out kids. Previously, guys have mentioned that they like girls with just a little more curve... so I don't worry too much about having a healthy weight by any and all standards. And NO, I don't believe I need bigger jeans. I need jeans that haven't been washed six hundred times and have shrunk two sizes.

Before dancing tonight, I burned some time in Staples. I ended up getting a new, larger tripod for my camera (so hopefully my movies won't make Auntie sick) and found some neat watercolor pencils that I just couldn't live without. Nothing says a bad day like 'shopping therapy'--even though I dislike shopping.

My boss told me today that my vacation day last Friday isn't paid vacation. I'm not going to be eligible for any paid vacation until October. Sucky.

Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.

1 comment:

whit-o-roni said...

that's sad... :(

funny thing about cotton: it shrinks!