Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Had a Bad Day

I have this phrase I use when things get stressful in my life, a phrase that reminds me that things could always get worse. When I feel like I'm about to overreact, I tell myself, "If this is the worst thing that happens to you today, it'll be okay."

Today was a bad day.

My boss doesn't believe I'm showing enough enthusiasm in my work. She thinks I pick through the filing and only do what parts I want to do, and she still has an issue with how I answer the telephone. In truth, I sort through the filing to put it in like-kind piles, then I file each kind where they go. And until someone tells me what I'm doing incorrectly answering a telephone, I won't know what to fix. I didn't know there was a problem. Perhaps it comes as a shock to some of you, but I'm not a mind reader.

So the lecture continued until well past 5pm. I was forced to drive home in the mass of cars emptying out of Corvallis so late, and as soon as I got home, I was hit with a message from my grandma wanting to be taken to Urgent Care. Dad worked late, so I offered to take her.

We had an adventure, to put it mildly. I did get to watch a CT scan--that was AWESOME! for this science geek. I saw grandma's innards, her bones and organs... very cool. :)

In the end, she isn't doing too badly, or at least better than we expected. My day totally sucked, and I'm exhausted and dehydrated.

But at least I got to see some guts.

2 comments:

whit-o-roni said...

:O did you see her squeedly-spooch????

wow.....

elle said...

Sorry you had a rough one, nothing quite like hanging out at some sort of hospital like facility at the end of the day to leave a person completely whiped out.
My bad day phrase is "this too shall pass" I inherited from someone famous....or maybe it was just my mother!