Monday, June 04, 2007

New Merrells + Rain = Happy Jaggy!

I am using a keyboard that is so slow, I have to type ten or fifteen letters and then wait until the cursor catches up to what I'm thinking with my fingers. Yes, that's right, I'm blogging to you LIVE! from the OSU campus. Today wasn't much different from any other Monday. I worked hard, laughed with coworkers, and tried to get as much done as I could. After work, I had some time to kill. Time is the enemy sometimes, as is a paycheck so recently. I enjoy the money I make, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I need to learn to just say no. I wandered downtown and spied a pair of shoes I couldn't live without. The good news is that I bought a pair of shoes that not only look great, they fit perfectly. The bad news is that these Merrells cost me $80. I've worn half a dozen pairs now, and I know that Merrell shoes rarely go on sale, maybe once every two years. If one is incredibly lucky, one can find a steal at Cabela's Bargain Cave, but the odds of finding a size 9 there at a good price is next to impossible. So I went for it. Tossing caution, vanity, and eating out for the next month to the side.

And I'm okay with that. Because I don't really need to eat lunch anyway. :)

Now, the sun has poked through the glorious clouds I've so missed this last week. I fortuitously have my camera close at hand, and I'm going to wander around for a bit before dancing late into the night.

Can you tell the rain puts me in a better mood? Yes indeed.

1 comment:

elle said...

Ahhhhhhhhh a great pair of shoes! They ARE worth almost any sacrifice....especially when they fit perfectly!