Friday, June 08, 2007

Such a Kid...

Somewhere inside me, there is an adult hiding. The adult part of me accomplished a good amount today at work while multi-tasking with some serious thinking. But then, tonight for dinner, the adult part of me stood there in horror as the kid in me finished off a Reese's peanut butter cup pie that my father made last weekend. Yup, chocolate pie for dinner.

The kid in me has come out to play tonight, yes indeed! I was listening to Raffi when I started this post. Most people older than me don't know who Raffi is, and for some reason, few kids much younger than me know who he is either. He was popular in the mid-80s, a children's songwriter and entertainer. "Baby Beluga," "Down By the Bay," and "Bananaphone" are some of his more memorable songs to me... and "Shake Your Sillies Out!" Can't forget about that one, no way.

I've had a serious, difficult week. I have a ton of writing to do, some personal reflection and growth to accomplish this weekend. In the middle of all of this serious adult-y stuff, I'm sitting here, curled up like I am so often, my bowl of ice cream (yes, even after pie) and blanket not too far away. One of the things I love best about myself as an adult is that I rarely have a problem realizing how lucky I am. In the thick of life, I'm still finding ways to smile.

Well, it's all fun and games until I come off this sugar high... lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying your blog for a couple months. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Had to comment on Raffi. I am in my mid-fifties and have two sons in their twenties. We all still love Raffi! Went to see him in the 80s. I still hum his tunes daily. Always puts a smile on my face.

You have such a good outlook on life. I wish I had had your wisdom earlier.

Cynthia

Jaggy said...

Thanks for reading and for commenting! I love sharing bits of my weird life, and I'm glad that other people find it interesting.

Raffi ROCKS! I've got a few songs bouncing around on my computer...

You've inspired another post. Thanks!!!