Saturday, June 02, 2007

Why do I do it?

You love me one day and
push me away the next:
I'm confused whether or not
your way is the best.

You're forever looking down
on the person you've wanted me to become,
shaping me by your love
and telling me I can be the one.

I keep running back, coming back,
finding myself in your eyes,
running back, coming back,
realizing all the lies.

A kind word makes me smile for days
and one dark word destroys me.
For all the wrongs you've done,
For all the tears I've breathed.

I keep running back, coming back.

You're behind every thought,
a light in my dreams,
the support I always need
and sometimes believe.

The answer to a prayer
and a cruel joke to stop my pleas,
why do you throw me away
when I still have more to say...

I keep running back, coming back,
finding myself in your eyes,
running back, coming back,
realizing all the lies.

I keep running back, coming back to you.

No comments: