Saturday, September 15, 2007

He makes me run into people. Weird!

I rarely run into people I know when I'm out and about. My few close friends live more than fifty miles away. I don't associate with many people in this town, and I dislike shopping (which makes running into people rather difficult).

But I have this friend. Whenever I'm around him, I run into people I know. I think he has this impression that I'm popular and have tons of friends or something, but I couldn't be farther from either of those. I wouldn't be as surprised to bump into other dancers while walking across campus, but when I'm walking through a store or down the sidewalk with him, I'll run into obscure people from my past that I haven't seen in years.

Mostly, when I with him, I run into other guys I know. I saw a distant relative the first time we went out together, and I have seen two or three guys from high school as I'm waiting to meet him. I was even on my way to see him when I ran into a very good friend I'd fallen out of contact with--which was awesome. It's really weird!

Am I supposed to read into this, or is this just one of those incredibly odd coincidences? You tell me...

No comments: