Monday, October 01, 2007

The End of Moving

Work was a vacation today from the monotony of emptying boxes this weekend. The cuts and scrapes on my arms and fingers have started to heal, and the bruises on my legs from banging into things have begun to fade. I unpacked the last of my bedroom tonight. The closet is organized nicely, and I even put up some pictures on the wall.

Somehow, within the last year or so, I seem to have misplaced my hammer. I can't find it anywhere. I also had a tape measure that hasn't turned up in the move. Two or three boxes remain unopened, but I don't think tools are in those boxes. I just don't know! Grrrrrr.

I vacuumed and mopped tonight, a much needed event after tramping in and out for three days solid. I also washed another load of dishes, learned how to use my GT Express 101, and organized lots of stuff. Thankfully, the unpacking is almost over now. Good thing, too, the almost finished part: I don't think my back can take much more stooping, bending, lifting, or hunching.

I'd say that I'd put out in exchange for a massage, but it's not true. I'm not desperate. But I'd be very appreciative. And I have some incredibly yummy ice cream that I'm willing to share... Anyone need a study/work break?

3 comments:

Auntie said...

Put out? I thought you were a virgin Jaggy? I'm confused, did I miss something?

Jaggy said...

Oh, Auntie! You haven't missed anything. I'm still hopeless when it comes to men. Apparently "young, attractive, and intelligent" isn't what gets a guy going these days.

Though I could really use a massage - and I am honestly willing to do almost anything in exchange for one. But I won't put out.

Jeff said...

You know I'd give ya a massage if I were in the same state. Can't wait to see the apartment!