Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Get the Lights Right

Christmas lights are appearing around every house, up and down the streets here. I love seeing the pretty colors lit up at night, and I enjoy the originality with each house. However, the icicle lights irk me. Don't get me wrong, they're pretty. But icicles don't grow on gables! Those slopey sides drain, and unless there's something to stop the flow of water, an icicle won't grow there. Icicles grow on flat rooflines where they can drip consistently enough to create the classic icicle.

Just so you know. Your lights are not natural. The colored ones can go wherever you want. The mini net lights... toss those over every bush and tree. But icicles and icicle lights should only go on the flat sections where you'd find a gutter.

Yeah. I'm that picky.

No comments: