Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm stupid, but I'm learning...

Sometimes I'm amazed at how stupid I can be. Other times, I just shake my head and laugh at myself. Is that normal?

The mysterious yellow liquid dripping from my range vent hood has not been identified, but the maintenance guy came and investigated the vents in the bathroom and kitchen today for leaks. He didn't find anything. The dripping has stopped. I'm less worried now.

I developed a whopper of a headache last night, which I attributed to a caffeine imbalance (my fancy way of not admitting my wonderful addiction). I had a normal withdrawal headache on Thursday, but usually one day is all it takes for me to get over withdrawal. Between the running around all weekend, the dance lesson on Sunday afternoon, and the time spent in a hot kitchen, I'm guessing I'm probably significantly dehydrated again.

The headache didn't leave after a full night of sleep--and nothing sucks more than waking up feeling as bad as when you went to sleep. I went to work today because I had to attend an annual meeting (that ended up not teaching me anything new). I tried to sleep on the ride up and back but had no luck. My evening has been slightly better as I been forcing myself to drink water often. A bath felt nice. So now I feel like crap, but I'm too relaxed and lazy to do anything about it.

So I'm an idiot for not drinking more water. Again. How many times until I learn? ARGH!

In other news, I'm re-reading one of my favorite books. It's teaching me something new yet again, and I couldn't be happier with it. Such is that gentle grace, though...

No comments: