Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A not-so Haughty Spirit before a Ridiculously Embarrassing Fall

If only I'd had spinach in my teeth... that would have been easier to live with.

Last night, I had a few friends over after work. I have people over a couple nights a week, so this wasn't anything out of the ordinary. My apartment is always neat and tidy, and I didn't think anything would be out of place. I rushed home to have dinner with my sister before she left for her final exam, and then I hurried into the shower before the friends arrived. When I got out of the shower and went to put my undies on, I noticed that a relatively new pair had part of the waistband tear away from the fabric. I relegated them to the mending pile (it bothers me when people mend undies that are old--sometimes you need to let things go. But these are new and really cute!). I flew out of the bathroom and was burning some CDs to my hard drive when the first friend arrived. No big deal... I was clothed and ready.

My friends watched a movie with me. People were in and out of the kitchen and bathroom all evening, and nobody mentioned anything to me. I even went into the bathroom at one point to take out my contacts. After they left, I picked up a few things, turned down my bed, and walked into the bathroom. Staring back at me from the floor were a pile of my clothes. Not just any clothes either: I'd somehow managed to get only the most unmentionable clothing on top. I'm not very shy about my clothing--especially when I'm not wearing it--but it's the principle of the matter! Any one of them could have mentioned it to me, and I'd have swooped in to reduce my further embarrassment. Oh, no, not a single one of them said anything. I didn't exactly need my friends seeing two pairs of undies hanging out on the bathroom floor. God knows what they think of me now, oy!

Thanks, guys.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Ohhhhh, that's the story.

And they weren't kidding about the 'blogs-a-lot' comment.

Also, hurray for engineers, your youtube videos feature people I know from class and KEC.

~Eric Betts

Jeff said...

I don't think that they thought much of it- of course without more information regarding the specifics of such unmentionables it's hard to know :p