Saturday, March 15, 2008

MAJOR Blog Changes are HERE!

If you're reading this blog through a reader, stop! Click over here! CHECK IT OUT!

In the same way that I just chopped off nine inches of hair, switched to a different brand of jeans, and gave up colored contacts, I changed my blog layout for no particular reason. I have been wanting to do something different with my blog for a while, and I thought I'd remake my banner graphic. As I was redesigning it, I chose different colors, which meant they didn't match, which meant I had to do something else. So I went for it. That, and I think I've grown out of the lighthouse stage. Don't get me wrong, I still think lighthouses are awesome and fantastic, but they're not part of me in the same way anymore. I've moved on.

So! Now I'm workin' the greens, but that's not to say I've "gone green." I'm not envious of anyone ('green with envy'). And I'm not growing anything plant-like. Why green? Because I like green. You have a problem with that? Do ya? Do ya?!

Why all the changes? Because it's time. I didn't cut my hair to impress anyone, and while I can't say I don't care what people think, I can't exactly stick my hair back if someone doesn't like it short. But everyone (literally, everyone) has liked the shorter hair. I needed the change. I needed to change my attitude. I was so excited when it was being cut that I was humming. And I don't hum.

I have a few more changes to make this weekend... the banner at the top is simply a filler for now (it's going to be awesome! I hope). I'd like to tweak the sidebar, too, and maybe change the page width. These changes are going to test my web skills, but I like the challenge and ability to customize my environment.

If you have suggestions, praise, or ideas, comment! Meanwhile, I'm going to go make cookies.

3 comments:

Dennis said...

You really don't give us reader-savvy folks much of a choice, what with having your RSS feed truncate the posts and all.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

OK, That loads quicker. Sorry, but I'm still going to use the reader, it's faster.

Jeff W said...

Whooooooooa!! It looks cool :)