Wednesday, March 05, 2008

One of THOSE Days

I woke up in the best mood this morning! Bright, sunshiny day, with birds chirping outside my window... glorious moment indeed. And then I had to get out of bed.

Within one hour of rising, my mood had done a full 180°. I was ready to throw someone down some stairs. No joking, my day started off perfect and went straight to Hell in an hour.

What went wrong, you ask? It started with my dishes. I left them in the sink last night because I was too lazy to put them in the dishwasher (because I was too lazy to empty it)(because it took me three days to remember to start the damn thing in the first place). So the dishes made my apartment smell awful. I hate bad smells in my apartment.

Then, it took me forever, and I do mean forever to put my contacts in. I finally shoved one in and blinked until the burning stopped. Well, lessened, really, because they still burn twelve hours later.

And I got up extra early in the hopes of having time to curl my hair--which is the longest it has been since I was in grade school--and sat at my computer eating my waffles instead of taking the time to do my hair. So I had my curling iron all heated up when I ran out of time. I pulled it over eight or ten strands, burned myself three times, and called it good. Or okay, really.

So I fretted over which shoes to wear next, and took ten seconds to undo a massive knot in my shoelaces--that left my fingernails (which I just cut) sore. Grabbed my bag, threw myself out the door, and ran to my car. I booked it down the hill and scored a green light, but then remembered I didn't unplug the curling iron.

I drove back up the hill, double-timed it up my stairs, sped into the bathroom... and the curling iron had been unplugged. Of course. I'm too smart for my own good, and too obsessive-compulsive about not burning my apartment complex down.

Then I went to work. I was 30 seconds late (which doesn't matter at all, but it makes me mad). Bloody hell! It was one of THOSE days!

No comments: