Thursday, March 27, 2008

Three "NO's" and You're Out!

I love it when someone says something mean to me, something to the effect of, "You're stupid and shallow and not important to me," and then check my blog fifteen times a day to see if I've updated it. Obviously I'm not important--that's why you keep coming back for more. If I'm so stupid, why are you still here?

Two good notes: Happy Birthday to Rachel! and Congratulations to Emily on her engagement! I can't wait to see my girls and go out on the town--yay!

In other news, I'm taking tomorrow off. I have time to burn, things to do, and presents to buy. At least my house is clean, so I don't have to spend good time doing that. The laundry is caught up as well--guess I'm organized or something.

Lastly, I have a good friend who offers me little bits of wisdom about his dating experiences. He's a smart guy, and I trust him. He has this rule about how many times he'll ask a girl out before giving up. He'll ask nicely or off-handedly once, and then maybe in the same way again. The third time he'll be direct about it. If the girl doesn't respond in the way he wants by the third time, he cuts his losses. I like that rule. I wish I could make that the "Universal Dating Rule: Three 'no's' and you're out!"

No comments: