Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I feel a vacation coming on...

Sometimes I can't remember the last vacation I had. How many years has it been since I left this valley? Was it almost two years ago for a wedding in central Oregon? Was it a year ago that I drove to Astoria? Do trips to Portland count as "getting out"?

Please understand, dear reader, that I love Oregon. I am a native, and I've traveled just about everywhere in this wonderful state. I've seen and done and been. I've lived here forever, and I have no intentions of ever leaving. And don't think I say such things idly... oh no. I've been to many states (north, south, and as far as the midwest). I've seen what the flatlands and mountains have to offer. The valley is my home.

I don't know where I'd go, though. I can't afford to go far, and I don't really want to fly anywhere... I don't have a passport, don't need to go to Mexico, and can't see myself shopping anywhere.

Where do you suggest I visit? Where are some of the places you've liked? Where would you like to go on vacation?

4 comments:

WHIT-O-RONI said...

McDowell Creek. With me. Anytime.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Go somewhere that sucks so badly that you'll be happy to come home.

Shannon said...

Some of my favorite places - Ainsworth State Park up by Multnomah Falls (lots of hiking trails in the vicinity and the camping is cheap), Silver Lake up in Washington state (take the turnoff to Mount St. Helens, which is about 45 minutes away if you want to go there too), Beacon Rock in the Gorge (climb to the top and take in the gorgeous view).

Jeff said...

I think the Tri-Cities has a wonderful assortment of tumbleweeds. Fun fact: they are everywhere.