Wednesday, April 02, 2008

It's not about the money. Oh wait, it IS!

...and then I peeled a $20 bill off the roll I'd had stuffed in my pocket. People stared at the greenbacks. I paid the... oh wait! I DON'T HAVE ANY CASH!

If the power ever goes out, I'm screwed. This morning, I was too lazy to make a sandwich. I've been really good lately about not buying lunch--a sandwich usually fills me up anyway (especially the kind washed down with a half-dozen couple homemade cookies). Instead, I figured I'd stop at the ATM and get $5 for lunch. No big deal, I do this all the time.

Except the ATM wasn't working. And I refuse to pay the $2 (or more) charges for using another bank's ATM. I tried going into another store in the MU today to see if they'd let me buy a pop and give me cash back as part of the transaction, but they refused. I even checked at the bookstore, and they refused cash back as well. No cash for me!

I had to eat at Panda Express since they're the only place that will take a debit card (and Carl's Jr. just sucks). I really, really don't like eating that crap. Even the steamed rice was gross today, and don't get me started on that shit they call orange chicken. Yes, I swore. Get over it.

As I was gagging down my pseudo-meat, I chastised myself for not carrying more cash. There is no reason a professional adult shouldn't be able to keep $10 in her wallet. Except that I like to feed my $1 bills into the pop machine upstairs... every day...

You know the worst part? Pretty soon I'm going to experience "Revenge of the Panda." While dancing. Lucky boys!

You know what's worse? I STILL DON'T HAVE ANY CASH!

1 comment:

kate said...

Okay, two things:

1) You are not alone in the cash-carrying dept. I am pathetic and I ususally can't even find change when I want to park at a meter at the library or something.

2) I attempted to dine on crappy Safeway Chinese Steam-Table Food-Like Product for lunch the other day and the rice tasted like pickles. PICKLES.

*sigh*