Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Prank that Keeps on Pranking

Waaaaay back in the day when I lived with two fabulous girls in a house during our wild college days (ok, three years ago, and they weren't wild days), we often pranked each other. They only got me once, but that one prank is STILL coming back to haunt me. What'd they do?

These two dear, sweet, innocent roommates placed two decks of playing cards all over my bedroom. Then, they covered every flat surface with napkins and drinking straws. I came home to find my room a mess and an underwear drawer full of jacks and kings. Because obviously that's where all the guys would hang out, right? Harumph!

The napkins and straws were easy enough to clean up, but the cards were more tricky. I was in a bad mood when I got home, and realizing I'd have to do some searching for these cards didn't sit well with me. The girls didn't prank me again.

BUT! Even though I found a majority of the cards that evening, a few escaped me. I found one or two over the next few weeks, and then they'd trickle in one at a time over the next six months. After college, I moved home, so I had to clean everything out. I found a couple more of these elusive playing cards. Then, I moved out last year. I found yet another card hidden deep in my dresser.

It happened again tonight. I was digging through a pile of old shirts when I touched something flat and smooth (which is scary as hell when you're going through old clothes, let me tell you). Carefully turning the card over, I couldn't help but smile as I looked upon a jack of spades. I never thought I'd be able to smile at such an ornery prank, but after tonight, I realize I can.

Girls, you got me good. Thanks. :)

1 comment:

Eric Stoller said...

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing.