Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

Today was long and so very good. I got up early (on a Saturday no less) to meet my boyfriend at his parents' house in Salem, and then we drove up to the Woodburn outlet stores. I didn't have a huge list of things I needed, but he wanted to go, and I wanted to be with him. After a rather quick shopping trip, we drove back to Salem and then to Albany for an amazing lunch. Since we were in the neighborhood, I took my boyfriend to meet my grandma and to see my mother. After that, we shopped some more around Albany. We finally parted ways about 4pm. Next, I decided to run over to Lebanon and stop at my parents' house to see Dad for Father's Day (a day early, but hey, I was already halfway there). I was able to spend some quality time with him in his shop, plus I saw my sister, too. Then, I stopped to see my other grandma for a while. We had a good, long chat about everything going on in my life. After that, I drove back to Corvallis and stopped at Michael's for a t-shirt sale. I had to swing by my apartment to pick up my cans and bottles before heading to the store to return them. I came home with a ton of groceries and an appetite.

At one point today, my boyfriend asked if I needed to buy anything. I replied that I didn't. My life is pretty simple, and I don't really need anything. Instead of coming home with loot by the pound and empty pockets, I was able to see family and was fortunate enough to have wonderful visits with them. Today, my cup runneth over with love, and I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

MissKris said...

And thank YOU for stopping by! We may have a significant age difference between us, but in a lot of ways you remind me of myself when I was younger. We share a lot of the same 'likes' when it comes to books, movies, and music, too. And I know what you mean about touching others thru the blogosphere. We never know for sure who's reading or what they may be experiencing. I've had serious 'lady' problems the past 2 1/2 years and finally had surgery a couple months ago. When I first began writing about my problems, it encouraged another midlife woman in England who read my blog to go get a check up and she found she had Stage 3 uterine cancer. Surgery and chemo brought her back to health but she wrote and told me I'd "saved her life" by encouraging other midlife women to get in and have a physical. THAT 'bout blew me away.