Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Random Questions IX

Are you happy with your given name?
Sure

What is your guaranteed weeping movie?
Not sure there's a specific movie, but I can't read Where the Red Fern Grows without bawling.

What is the one thing you like to do alone?
Too many to count, probably... practice on the piano, read, write, or sing top my list.

Describe your bed.
Twin-sized with light blue flannel sheets and a light blue down comforter, neatly made

What do you carry with you at all times?
Chap stick, nail clippers, cell phone, wallet, keys, and often my camera and sunglasses.

How do you eat an apple?
I usually slice it into wedges, core it, and eat it with peanut butter or caramel.

What kind of first impression do you think you give people?
Intelligent, with a hint of snobbery I imagine. I am told that I'm intimidating at first glance.

What should you be doing instead of this?
"Should" is such an awful word. I "should" do lots of stuff. Does that mean it's going to happen? I don't think so, mister. I'm going to blog, then maybe take a shower. Maybe not. We'll see.

Who was the last person who called you?
My sister, I think.

Are you ready?
Never. Even when I think I'm 100% prepared, I'm amazed at how things turn out.

What is the last gift you gave someone?
A pillow, to Grandma, because she asked me to make one for her.

Does everything happen for a reason?
No. Shit happens. Sometimes it just does.

What color is your bedroom?
The walls are white. The blinds and curtains are white. I'm going with white on this one.

Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
There is a difference between "nice" and "respectful." I'm respectful of people, but I might not be "nice" to them until I get to know them better.

What kind of watch do you wear?
Fossil

What’s one car you will never buy?
A Lexus (HA, Kevin!) Seriously, though, I can't see myself buying Geo or Kia anything. Why even bother?

Would you die to save the life of someone you dearly love?
Absolutely.

What was the last thing you typed before this survey?
Facebook status, I think.

What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments?
I have no idea. Maybe folding my arms or furrowing my brow, but I really don't know. Does anyone have any ideas?

Name ONE trait you hate in a person.
Disrespect.

What’s one thing you’re a loser at?
Video games. Sports. Singing. Oh, just one?

When is the last time you made someone cry?
Other than my sister when we were little, I'm not sure I've made anyone cry. If I did, I'm heartily sorry.

Do you like the rain?
LOVE it.

Who was the last person you talked to in person?
Rachel.

What are your plans for the weekend?
Hmm, boredom covered boredom anyone? Oh, and then a wedding. Not mine.

How much money would it take for you to give up the internet for a year?
Do I get to keep my connection and use instant messaging, or are we talking zero online access? Do I have to give it up at work too? If I have to go dark completely, we're talking six figures. If I get to keep instant messaging, I might consider it in exchange for enough to cover my student loans.

How long have you known your best friend?
Sixteen or seventeen years for Matthew. Slightly less for Rachel. Just under one year for Kevin.

What are you listening to?
Silence. Because it's amazing!

What was the last thing you laughed at?
Myself.

What do you wish you were doing right now?
Making dinner for Mr. Wonderful (gosh, I'm such a stereotype!)

What musical instrument do you wish you could play?
It's so hard to say this without sounding conceited, but I've had an opportunity to learn so many instruments in my life that I can't pick one. I can play a piano and most of the woodwinds, and I don't particularly enjoy the buzzing of the brass instruments. I'd love to learn something with strings. A viola or bass perhaps...

What's the greatest thing that happened to you today?
I figured out that I won't die if I accidentally (or not so accidentally) double-up on my allergy meds, and that twice as much really does work twice as well.

What's on your bedroom floor right now?
Furniture. I'm kind of neat like that.

What's currently bothering you?
Work crap, missing my boy, and how lazy I am about actually getting exercise sometimes. Oh, and I haven't danced in three weeks and am going through withdrawls.

Are your toe nails painted pink?
No way, I don't like nail polish. I'm not really into pink either.

Are you close with your mom?
Sure. She's my mom. How do you define "close"? I guess we are... I mean, we get along much better now that I don't live there, but I come from a pretty close-knit family. Too close sometimes. I don't know. I love her, and I know she loves me, and we see each other about once a week, so yeah.

When were you last outside?
About an hour ago when I came home from work.

Look to your left. What is there?
Dresser, fan, computer, garbage can.

What time did you go to sleep last night?
11:30 (late!)

Why did you kiss the last person you kissed?
Because it was the right thing to do. :D

What were you doing at 8 am?
Working

What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Dinner-ing

Do you like your life as of now?
Very, very much

Last text message from?
Mr. Wonderful

Are you happy right now?
Not especially, but I'm working on it

Do you wear the seatbelt in the car?
Without fail.

What are you going to do tomorrow?
Work, sleep, read, and maybe cook.

2 comments:

Jen said...

haha

MissKris said...

I love doing these kinds of things when I'm totally bored or brain farting in a major way. As wild as this week has been, I may try to tackle it tonite. I've got lots I'd like to write about but I need to decompress to clear my thoughts first. It's 5:25 am and my son just called...he's on the way over early with the grandbabies so my day will be starting before 6 today. No wonder I'm in bed most nites by 7, eh? Considering I woke up at 3:50 this morning, ha! Hope you don't melt in our predicted heat this weekend...I've already got the fans going! :-D