Monday, June 09, 2008

Sick Day Philosophizing

It's a quiet Monday afternoon at work, and I'm at home. I didn't feel well when I got up this morning, and I didn't have much to do at work today (for once), so I took this afternoon off as a recuperation/relaxing/thinking time. I must say, I'm not feeling much better, but I've done lots of thinking.

So far, I've reasoned:
-mashed potatoes are spectacular. period.
-daytime television hasn't changed in twenty years
-naps are best on the couch under a warm blanket
-sleeping with contacts is painful, especially when waking up
-dripping faucets and ticking clocks are the loudest things on earth when I'm trying to think
-Mom's cookies brighten any day (thanks for the delivery, sis!)
-paid sick leave is amazing
-my ear hurts, and I don't know why
-yes, it is actually possible to play The Oregon Trail in under an hour start-to-finish
-none of my thinking has been terribly deep thus far...

Hey, it's a sick day, and I'm distracted by the mashed potatoes. Did I mention they're tasty?

1 comment:

WHIT-O-RONI said...

MASHY TATOES!!! :D