Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Milestone in Dating

Today, I left my boyfriend alone with my father for two hours. They did guy stuff together. In a wood shop. A stiflingly hot one. And there was no beer...

It's not as dramatic as it sounds, but still, the idea of leaving any of my friend unattended with my parents is a new idea for me. It's not like my parents are horrible or anything (not at all!)... I've just never done it before. Mom and I went to Rachel's bridal shower today, and my father made The Boy a custom-turned pen while we were gone.

When we arrived home after those two hours, the Men were still out in the shop working away. They were... talking. I don't know what about, and I'm not sure I will ever know the full truth about what happened during "Guy Time."

I'm overjoyed, though, that they were able to have that time together, getting to know each other a little better and creating a really cool pen in the process. Still can't believe I left them alone together though...

No comments: