Monday, July 07, 2008

Paulina Creek Falls

For some reason, every time I go hiking a waterfall seems to be involved. My camping trip this summer was no exception. We made a stop at Paulina Creek Falls, and the view of the summer runoff was simply divine. Two side-by-side waterfalls each drop about eighty feet to a jumbled mass of car-sized rocks below. The picture I have is of the left side (viewer's left). After the water leaves the main falls, it tumbles down over the rocks below creating a loud noise that can be heard well before even reaching the parking lot. I'm told the view from the top is good, but I like to get to the bottom and get pictures looking up. I highly recommend stopping to see the falls if you happen to be near the Newberry Caldera.

1 comment:

WHIT-O-RONI said...

the rockiest set of falls i've ever seen... nothin like the ferny ones 'round the valley!!

still has its own brilliance though.