Saturday, August 30, 2008

Random Questions XI

1. Last time you had butterflies?
Before giving my Maid of Honor speech last weekend. While I love public speaking and excel at it, the adrenaline rush is always accompanied by a knot in my stomach. I was pretty nervous, but it went well.

2. How is your mood today?
Blah. I'm tired, and I don't really want to be doing this survey, but I'm too lazy to write anything coherent. So you get silly answers to silly questions. Heh.

3. Do you like seafood?
I like shrimp, crawdad pinchers, white fishes (halibut, trout, and tilapia) that haven't been overharvested, and the occasional smoked salmon. Not huge on lobster or crab unless I know where they came from and who cleaned them. Oysters, scallops, and mussles are a definite no.

4. Mints or chewing gum?
My boyfriend thinks I'm a chewing gum addict, but I swear I'm not. Gum helps me when my gag reflex gets a bit too intense (seriously, if I could pick any type of corrective surgery, that'd be it). I might chew three or four pieces of sugarfree gum in one day... some days none. Just depends what I'm doing or where I'm going. Mints are good, but they have sugar most of the time. If they're Altoids, though, I'm game! If they made gum flavor last as long as Altoids, holy crap, that'd be a winner.

5. What do you do all the time in a car?
I drive home. Doesn't matter where I'm going, I'm always driving home.

6. Do you like to read?
Yes, very much so. I read every day, either blogs or books, websites, news, or comics... I'm a total reader. I even read picture books when I'm bored.

7. Have you ever changed your clothes while in a vehicle?
Yes. No, I don't want to talk about it.

8. Who was the last person to make you cry?
Probably my mother... she's good at that. Did I deserve it? Maybe.

9. What is one thing you miss about your past?
I miss the innocense of childhood, of not having worries, of not wondering so much. But all that worry and frustration is good for me, right? I don't know how to explain it, but if you have ever seen Finding Neverland, what I mean follows that movie closely. When Barrie leans down to Peter and explains about the moment we lose our childhood forever, I know how that feels. I remember those moments that stripped away my childhood ambitions and caused me to realize what life is all about in a hurry. I still have an imagination, but that innocent childhood ambition is gone for good. That's what I miss.

10. What's the largest age difference between yourself and someone you dated?
13 years. I don't recommend it if you care about the age gap. We didn't care as much as everyone else seemed to care about it for us. Still, that much of a difference was a bit hard.

11. When was the last time you cried?
Probably in February sometime. I guess I just needed it.

12. Do you ever use your full name?
Yup, I use it for legal stuff, but most occasions only call for my middle initial. I don't care either way, but most people don't care about middle names, so I don't worry about it.

13. What is one thing you've learned about life?
Never assume.

14. What was the last movie you watched?
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

15. Is anyone jealous of you?
I have no idea. While I may be poor living paycheck to paycheck, eat small and cheap meals, and don't get out a whole lot, I'm happy. I have what I need and not much else. That's exactly how I like it. If someone is jealous of me, they have low standards.

16. Has a friend ever used you?
Heck yeah. Mr. Wonderful uses me as his pack mule because I carry a bag with me (it's not a purse as much as a camera case/lunch bag/book bag/TimBuk2 carry-all). He uses me as a personal chef at least two nights each week. And he even occaisionally uses me as his entertainment when I find movies for him to watch and such.

17. Who was the last person you drove with?
Mom

18. What is something that you want to do within the next week?
Clean my apartment (like, empty the closets and toss/donate stuff)

19. Who was the last person you hugged?
Mom and Dad

20. Do you use post-its?
At work, all the time. I don't have them at home, though. Too expensive.

21. Do you have more friends that are girls or boys?
It's about even. I know way more boys, but my circle of friends is rather even.

22. Have you ever made out with someone you weren't dating?:
Nope.

23. Is there a difference between the word 'best friend' and 'friend'?:
Hmm... I have four or five "best friends" and many "friends." Who is my best friend is hard to say, but yes, I believe there is a difference, or rather a hierarchy to the friendship loyalty ladder.

24. Do you care what people think of you?
A little. I don't care if people like me as long as they're willing to listen or attempt to respect me even if they disagree with me.

25. Is silence really golden?
Silence is the best sound of all.

No comments: