Sunday, August 03, 2008

Breaking the Bad Summer Trend

Three years ago today, I made one of the biggest relationship mistakes of my life. I hurt my sister and myself in the process, and I learned a very important lesson the hardest way possible. Not something I recommend, by the way.

Two years ago today, I was unemployed. I was living with my parents, downtrodden after job hunting through the summer. I was lonely, frustrated, scared, and broke.

One year ago today, I was told I might be losing my job. On that same day, I found out I got my dream apartment and would have to turn it down because I didn't know if I'd have a job. When I got home, I got two more doses of really bad news. It was one of the darkest days of my life.

Summer isn't exactly my favorite season. Every year seems to bring with it another hurdle, another setback. This year is different. I'm sure of it. I still have my job. I ended up getting a better apartment in the same complex. Those two pieces of bad news aren't entirely resolved, but they're holding their own. And I'm in a super relationship with Mr. Wonderful himself. I don't want to curse things now (there's still some summer to get through)... but things are looking great so far.

Here's to breaking trends, setting a new standard, and looking forward to the autumn rain.

No comments: